Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wow, I can do that?


*Stretch to the sky.* My little PT internist tells me as I use a pully to take my defunct right arm up above my head. She is a young girl...she probably doesn't think she is a young girl...but hey, I am getting to be that age now so everyone looks young?
She is doing her internship for Physical Therapy.

Last night was the night from Hades. There was not a twist a turn or any way...shape or form could I get comfortable in bed. Of course I said this to the PT dudettes today and was told this was very common with shoulder surgery. [I'm going DUH, no kidding]
Bright idea.
Try using the recliner! Yep, I did that the other night so why didn't I do it last night. Let's just roll our collective eyes and say *dummie*.

Today is so much better by contrast. After a grueling work out...[cough] and stretches, I ache, I hurt, but I also feel so much better.
I even managed to reach for the sky and put both hands on Badger's back.
Yeah.
I can do THAT!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:43 PM

    You silly woman! Of course it's still going to hurt...it hasn't been a full week YET. Sleeping in the recliner is such a good idea. You're doing great. Keep up the good fight. We're all pulling for you...LOL. The fact you could put both hands on Badger's back doesn't mean you can go riding just yet I would think. You take care...N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, if you read this Niki, the temptation is there when hubby leaves for an auction today...butttt, I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:02 AM

    Good. I have a feeling you're a bit headstrong but you are too precious to be compromised once again...and...Badger will wait patiently until you're all well. He's such a good mule.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.