Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Year's Eve?

 I'm not doing anything special. The year will change over with or without my participation. Last year I picked a word 'Explore' for the year. I did a pretty good job at that and am hoping to continue Exploring both the natural world around me and the Still Life world of Photography and Toys. 

Sometimes I'll combine both.

I have stuff on my 'to do' list. But I'm not making a solid commitment to the Stuff. 

I will commit to just one day at a time. 


And...wait for it!!!!


My son Eddie and his wife Megan brought Aurora Ivy into this world on Wednesday the 27th. I cannot wait to meet her! They said they will call her Rory. All is well with them and Rory and they are taking time to get to know each other right now. Soon enough they said they would come and visit us so we can meet her.



I think that is such a kind act since Rich can't travel.

I can't think of much that really.


I leave you with the last of December's colors that I found









And...
Charlie, Mr. Intense watching for squirrels, chipmunks, and hawks....

he also wishes a safe and quiet New Year's Eve.



8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little girl! That's a visit to look forward to. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Your Rory is a beauty! How exciting for you all! Lovely color you found...I think you are always exploring so it is a great word for you:) Oh Charlie be still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:05 PM

    LD....What a deal, a new grand daughter. Rory will be so welcomed and loved. Happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your beautiful granddaughter!! She will bring SO much joy to your 2024 and beyond. What a grand New Year full of many firsts it will be for your family!

    Great colorful finds & photos. The dried icy curved weed ('er fluer) photo above the stump is very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rory is very beautiful, what a blessing. Happy New Year when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:35 PM

    What a gorgeous child! Congratulations! And Happy New Year!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:54 PM

    Your granddaughter is beautiful and Charlie is so cute! Wishing you and Rich a healthy New Year. RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a lovely little lady! How special! And I love her name. How wonderful they are going to come and visit! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.