Tuesday, December 26, 2023

The Day after


 Well, it appears that Rudolph made it just in time to get hooked up. Good thing too as it was terribly foggy here last night and most of our area!


Seems that Batman got a ride on Santa's sleigh also.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Onward.

Just before Christmas I came down with a wicked cold. At first I thought my throat was made out of sand paper and glass. The next day my nose took over. I couldn't stop sneezing and that nose was plugged up tight...until it wasn't and then it felt like my teeth wanted to explode. They didn't, but then the eyeballs felt like it...and the headache sure was something to write home about.

No fever and negative on the Covid test. Wow, it sure put me through the ringer through Christmas Eve. I did manage to drag my body outside to do the chores and carry water. The foggy misty air felt easier to breath than the indoor air.

I sat on the porch and read a book in coveralls. Ever try to stay away from another person in a tiny cottage? It is not easy.

I woke up this morning feeling much better but when the other half got out of bed it sounded like he'd been run over by a train.

Sigh. 

So this is how 2023 is going to end? 

It was another balmy Wisconsin day with rain off and on. I could work outside and get things done in just a light sweatshirt and work pants. 

I'm sure winter will come in roaring at some point. Right now? We have rain and more rain. At least we are not having the horrible conditions they have in Nebraska and in the Dakotas.

It seems though that one of my childhood friends remembers how much I dislike baking and cooking. We received a box full of homemade treats!


I guess I did finally figure out who was getting into the goodies and dragging them off!


Huh...


Be well friends.


6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you got sick and now Rich has it. Masks may be in my future again. It's a good think Rudolph got hitched an was ready to go, there would have been great disappointment! It rained all of yesterday. It's a huge muddy mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 AM

    So glad your symptoms did not turn into covid. Hope Rich is ok! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if you shared germs with me or I shared mine with you! My husband and I are both negative on the covid test, but we have stopped up noses, scratchy throats, can't stop hacking and sneezing and ache all over. We did have covid last year during the week between Christmas and New Years - I hope this isn't a new tradition. Hoping you feel better soon. I'm having another cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is going around whatever it is! Hope you recover pretty quickly. I still have lingering effects of not being able to do super deep breathing, but feel human again!

      Delete
  4. You don't need to bake, you have great neighbors and friends that share their sweetness!!

    Hopefully 2024 will be more enjoyable and less trying than 2023...for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you are sick, hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.