Saturday, August 27, 2022

Pigtails...

 


My son and his fiancé are coming this weekend to visit and so I made a hair appointment with the lady that cuts my hair. 

I begged her to do something! I wanted to look 'nice' or nic-er. Or 
something...


She styled it a few weeks ago after we did the funky color adventure. Sadly, by morning my hair had lost all the nice styling she'd applied. However, I loved it since I'd never had my hair 'styled' before. It DID look really nice! 

So this time I asked for a braid or something. A French braid looks pitiful and painfully thin. So she said...

What about pigtail braids?

Why not? It would be sporty even if it turned out thin and ugly. 

I told her that I'd be hiking on Saturday so a flouncy style wouldn't really suit me as I'd ponytail it up and stick it under my baseball cap.

She started as another stylist watched and we all laughed and giggled at the result. I loved it!
I told Andrea that the only thing left to do was to get some floral wire and make the pigtails stick out sideways and

could 

be 

Pippy Longstocking!
Who was by the way, one of my childhood heroes.


Pippi was adventurous, kind hearted, and always so free and independent. She was my heroine.



When she finished I laughed and giggled which in turn made the other hairstylist laugh and giggle. I got up and twirled around like a kid.

The one lady said that she thought this was much more adventuresome than...
dying hair 'blue' and doing the weekly curl. 

I concurred. I felt joyous and fun.

No. I cannot braid my own hair this well. I like fun stuff. Normally I tire of long hair quickly and cut it all off.

But I may just keep the longer thinner hair that has beautiful silver streaks in it for fun. 


After all, I don't think I've changed that much since I was a kid.

I'm still that adventurer...



10 comments:

  1. I LOVE all of this! You haven't changed, adventure on, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't permanent so it can be fun. I could see it being perfect for being outside and hiking. I agree it is better than turning it purple. Enjoy the young look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute with braids! I wishI could braid my own hair but my arms get too tired. I didn't know you got a blue streak!! Pretty fancy! I do the hair up on a pony and then double it back on itself for a loop...it is way to long and I need a cut too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some color on the greys in front that will fade fairly quickly and then she put color under a layer of hair that shows when I put it into a ponytail. Lots of fun!

      Delete
  4. Oh what fun to make them look like Pippi braids! And yeah.... you haven't changed all that much! Keep young at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:54 PM

    I loved wearing pigtails...even as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pigtails!!!! You are inspiring me to grow mine a little longer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is sort of thin but it sure was fun to have pigtails again!

      Delete
  7. You look good with longer hair. I love braids! I was a whiz at braiding back in the day. First my own hair as a kid, then both of my girls hair. Always pigtail style. Enjoy a special fun family weekend! Hope the rain didn't squash any of your plans. I bet the fungi are/were plentiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my hair ... of course I do.... was like it was when I was a kid...but there you go. I can't change it so I will just enjoy it as I can for now.
      Baseball caps are really a good thing! Wink!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.