Saturday, April 27, 2019

Trip to Duck Egg

What is Duck Egg? When I first heard about people going to 'Duck Egg' I envisioned an Egg. Literally.
A Duck and an Egg.

But it isn't an Egg. It doesn't even look like an Egg. Nor does it look like a Duck.
However, it is a County Park that I've grown to love and appreciate. It is a Hiking/Trout Fishing/Horseback Riding natural area that has a flood control dam in it.

It is one of our many County Parks that I will call 'treasures'.

The first few photos are going to be some of my Infrared Shots. IF anyone ever tells me again that they need a 'better' camera to take 'better' shots I am going to show them the little Canon ELPH I have.
There is another saying I guess, *The best camera is the one you have with you.*

I will agree that I took the Canon ELPH which is converted to Infrared along because I hoped I'd have a few things that make IR so fun. Harsh sunlight, shadows, foliage, water, and sky.  I also brought my Nikon entry level DSLR with a nice prime lens for the purpose of shooting just wild flowers.

Canon ELPH:

 Foot Bridge 2. I love these shadows with the stream
running underneath. Fav for black and white.


 From the East side of Foot Bridge 2.
I edited for the funky IR colors and then added a 
bit of what is called Faux Color.


The Y Log. 
Hard to imagine 'seeing'
in Infrared but once you start to
think IR you can tell that a scene 
like this with this bright lighting 
wouldn't be so nice
in regular light.
I dig the reflections
in the 
water.


My Favorite shot of the day.
I tried this view from more 
than one angle.
Bridge 1 at the horse
crossing.

I love Wildflowers. Okay. I love garden flowers too. But I find the odd wildflowers more fun to photograph. I get excited like a child hunting for easter eggs or magical gifts when I find those tiny little wonders in the woods. [say that 3 times fast!]

 Bloodroot. I love these guys. They
get my vote for
coolest flower.




Dutchman's Breeches.
I recall my Grandfather taking the domestic 
relative of these
which is the bleeding heart.
He plucked the flower and 
told me a story about
the lady in the
shower....


Ginger Root.
The flowers are on the ground. 
Very cool.


Trillium. 
Not open yet.
Looks like I'll have 
to go back!
I think Charlie would like
to go too.

When I hiked out the parking lot was full of vehicles. Most of them were trout fisherman. Obvious by the clothes they had on. I enjoyed talking with them for a bit and asked if they'd heard of Tainter Creek. They did and it was on their list, but they'd heard it was a bit crowded with fisherman. 

They asked if I was a 'local'. I said indeed I was. I finally had lived here long enough to be considered 'local' by the locals

Anyway I left and told them to enjoy their fishing. I'd be back to hunt morels.



3 comments:

  1. What is the rest of the lady in the shower? I love the little wildflowers too...soon she said soon...but it may snow later today :( Far Guy is still home but not doing well, it takes all my energy :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandpa turned the heart shaped flower upside down and pulled the pink portions apart slowly...the white in the middle...if you use your imagination, was shaped like a 'nekked' lady. The joke was on us of course, but we couldn't help but repeat it every spring.

      Delete
  2. Your photography skills are beyond me, just wonderful! The Park looks so lovely! I love trillium and blood root and the fiddle head ferns. Spring is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.