Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Treasures of the Woods

It's time again to start hunting for treasures in the woods. The mayflowers are just coming up in some areas and in others...


They are opening wide. I came across a wide expanse of them in the upper part of our forest on the hillside across from the creek.


The woods are roaring to life and I feel like every moment I am not out there I am missing something wonderful.


Oh to be able to spend all of my waking moments watching the forest floor come alive!

I just have to be happy enough to grab the moments that I can and share them with His Highness...

Charlie...
The Overlord of the Creek


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Charlie does look like a king! Your woodland plants are a few weeks ahead of up north. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think you are a lot further north of me. However spring sure will come around.

      Delete
    2. One last thing. I tried to leave a comment but you must have deleted that... I am with you on the retirement thing. I will eventually be in a condo or apartment and will not have to keep up with farming and everything else.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous9:33 AM

      Thanks for letting me know - I fixed it now. Keep enjoying the spring!

      Delete
  2. You have spring! Charlie is looking good. Still recouperating here, Gene is out of the hospital late today. I still have the crud:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had snow today...Saturday. Goodness, I hope Gene is feeling better. Well if he can come home then he is.
      I am sorry you still have the crud, I was wondering but didn't want to bother you.

      Delete
  3. So much to see in the woods now. I made some wild onion soup yesterday, really good. I've never had it before, it's very mild compared to Leek soup, more user friendly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never liked the garden leeks, I've always loved the forest leeks. I have dehydrated them for use later in the year, it works well. I also dig wild parsnip now too. It takes a bit more work to prepare but it is petty tasty.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.