Monday, April 15, 2019

Sven comes home...

Sven.

Well what can I say? Charlie thinks he has a new best buddy. They are nearly inseparable.

On our hike Saturday, Charlie went back across the creek more than once to 'get' Sven to cross to us.
Of course the Kenosha Gang was there and we all called to Sven. Sven cried a baby goat noise and Charlie charge across the creek to him.

Today I raked the yard to pick up more of the pine-cones and  debris left by the two day storm. I tied out Sven. Charlie stuck close by.
They were perfectly content to watch me work.


Sven was fine being tied out and only got frustrated when I went out of his sight. Later on the two of them lay in the sunshine together while I made lunch for us.

I dragged two sleds full of sticks and pine-cones to the brush pile and burned it.
Sven decided to nap.


After yard work they assisted me in checking fences and redoing the 'above' the creek fence section.

Sven decided to check out the hot wire by Mica and jumped into her paddock. Mules have a tendency to chase or hurt an unknown animal in their territory. Thankfully, Mica just nosed him and he ran out of her paddock, ducking the hot wire.

The rest of the day was spent on outside work and hanging sheets and blankets in the fresh spring air.

Now I have had goats before, but only used them basically for dairy and not for fun like this.
And make no mistake.
I am having a LOT of fun.


As...
is Charlie.

Here is to having best friends....

We don't have to be the same to be best friends. We can be as different as night and day. ~~ Charlie and Sven

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:55 PM

    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you and Charlie have a new best friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. He is fun to take with us hiking and actually minded better than some of the kids and other dogs the other day! How funny!

      Delete
  3. My goat would stay real close to me when I was outside. It sure looks like Charlie and Sven will be great friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sven does too. Almost annoyingly close! But that is okay, I imagine he'll be just fine. Charlie is smitten with him as a pal.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.