Sunday, April 07, 2019

Time Off

Well there it is, the Great Two Day Get Away has arrived this morning.

In a few hours I'll 'saddle' up the Subaru and drive 2 1/2 hours to meet up with a cousin. Well, a cousin in law? She is married to one of my cousins. She and I are both Caregivers. She has done this many more years than I have and I thought a little break for the both of us would be nice.

We've been planning this since last October. I don't know Jeanette very well, but we've talked on the phone and emailed quite a bit over the past couple of years. I feel completely comfortable and slightly excited to be able to spend some time with her.

We will be exploring Eau Claire, Wisconsin. The last time I even drove through Eau Claire has to have been years ago. Okay, nearly 30 years ago!

I had to make new arrangements for 'Rich Care' but I got that worked out. I must say, it is wonderful to have good friends. I won't have to worry about Charlie, and the chores either!

Charlie is the ultimate 'porch' dog. He is content to sit on his little rug on the porch and watch the world go by. He watches birds, and listens for the neighbor kids. He can still see them through the leafless trees and underbrush when they are down in the pasture playing. He watches the mules.
In short, Charlie is in charge of his little domain. He needs his rug, a chew bone, and water.


If it is a nice day, he prefers to spend his time on the porch and not watching me do things. I agree with him. The porch is a perfect place to be.

Allison came to visit me yesterday after she got home from the Waldorf clothing swap. She got me a rabbit fur neck wrap and a funky 1930's style mink band with a bow and netting on it for a hat. She is a delightful young lady and we went searching for bugs and bird nests.
Then she showed me the butterfly wings she found at the swap.

And I could not resist making a composite.

So off I go.
I feel pretty good about this. The first time since May 2017 that I have left my husband in the care of others for a short time...
It feels weird.


 Virginia Bluebells emerging!

Delicate yellow crocus

Time to put on my adventure hat.

3 comments:

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.