Friday, June 28, 2013

Rocks...rocks

I found rocks...iron concretions.
They seemed to jump right out at me yesterday on my walk.

I found about 12 of them in a small area.  Probably because they were churned up by the flash floods.

They look rather ugly, but are very unique in shape and are very heavy for their size. I've even found almost perfectly round ones that are larger than a big marble.

Of course, there was Morris to help me find them...the Rock Hound.
Well okay, he doesn't care a bit about Rocks.  But he loves hiking with me and stands patiently by while I look in the creek bed for unique shapes that catch my eye.




I must say, Morris and I do love going on adventures together.  
I found 12 rocks this outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.