Monday, June 05, 2006

Learning experience


O Canada!
Originally uploaded by Xena~.
This weekend armed with my little assortment of cameras, I watched an Endurance ride. I couldn't help myself and took tons of photos in camp at the Vet Check. I took photos along with many others.
The professional photographer let me hold her Canon 20D...ewweeee, was it ever sweet looking. She had an awesome assortment of lenses also.
I told her that I was taking photos in camp and she didn't mind. She took some great ones out on the trail and I hung in the camp, assisting vets, riders, crews, and the people who handled the paperwork.

It was so enjoyable I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I met so many nice people and learned so much about saddles, tack, and other equipement.

This photo was of the Canadian lady who was competing in the 50 mile Appaloosa National Championship. I had a great time talking with her and others.

To top it off, some folks asked for my email so they could contact me to purchase some photos. I asked them please to purchase from the ride photographer first, as she got them on the trail.

However, I have recieved requests from those who did purchase from her...and would like to get some of mine too!

Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.