Friday, July 22, 2022

Scary Stuff

I watched the January 6th Committee broadcast last night and was slightly shocked at how the 'tRump' acted. I say slightly because it is no surprise that such a narcissists would care about anything than himself.

IF he did nothing and the rioters overtook the nation's capitol and took out Mike Pence along with other members of the Senate, his bidding would have been done. He would have stopped the count of the electoral votes.

What came to mind was the following. 
Why did no one stop him? Does the President of the US have so much power that no one can 'check' him/her? 

Did the man want to be Dictator and King? I think so. He wanted to stay in a position of power where he could increase his wealth and power without any fear of retribution. He surrounded himself with like minded people who were out to destroy everything our nation stood for.


This morning I read a post by 'friend' that was outraged that anyone was investigating the events from J6. His quote: Why are we still fighting over President Trump's non action on January 6th?

It goes on to complain about the current president. I am not going to go there because J6 was about lies, deception, insurrection, and a danger to our democracy and not about inflation and current events.

How is history going to see this 45th President? What will be written in the text books? 

What will be the Hollywood version of this in years to come?

Will we ever know how close we came to losing our rights as Americans?

According to some, if 45 were successful, he would have ended elections so he could be a Dictator. 

I watched the outtakes of his video on J6 and on January 7th where he decided that despite everything, he still would not concede the election.


I will conclude with this. Our country is going through a crisis or should I say an upheaval such as we have never seen before. 

Will a madman again rise to power? We are still reeling from the damage of his years in office.


Remember that throughout history,
there have been tyrants and murderers,
and for a time they seem invincible.

But in the end they fall.
Always.

~Mahatma Gandhi

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:08 PM

    I think criminals, at any level need to be held accountable and prevented from having the opportunity to commit further crimes. We care what 45 did because he must not be allowed to hold another position of power, he must be held accountable for his actions and his lack of action. He started disrupting the political process long before he was 'elected' with his ongoing attacks on the then President and he continues today to disrupt and divide the country with his ongoing false claims. Even now he is pressuring elected officials to put him back into power. Please help us if he ever succeeds, we will no longer be a democracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very scary scary stuff. We are in danger of becoming a plutocratic theocracy and that's not hyperbole. I'm worried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:41 PM

    All who were in cahoots with T are just as guilty as he is and they should not be a part of our government in any way. Hopefully Garland will be able to take them all to the cleaners. If nothing happens, we are in big trouble and our country looks weak. I predict that neither T nor B will be running for President.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree completely. We cannot ignore this day. I was sitting in my living watching it unfold on television as it happened. I called my congressman's office to plead for other congresspersons who were hiding behind furniture. (my congressman is jordan and I knew he had trump's #) They were laughing at me. Until I started screaming and describing the bleeding body of the woman who was killed out of the building. They did not believe me at first. I will NEVER forget that day. NEVER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did not watch, I wish they would just fine him or whatever and get back to work.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.