Monday, June 15, 2020

Possibilities






There is something about that first light as the sun comes over the trees on the ridge.

Everything seems possible in the break of a beautiful dawn. The fog is mysterious, the grasses seem brighter and the world feels like it is full of possibilities.

The day goes on business as the new unusual, or the new normal as they are now saying.

I work on the east flower garden that started out rather drab in April.


Some dirt from the Big Pile and some rocks from another old garden...
a bit of tender loving care...

and a lot of patience...


The possibilities are there!

Our vegetable garden had a very rough start along with frosts and heavy rains, cold weather suddenly turned hot.
But the carrots and corn seem to be thriving. The lettuce and beans are starting to come around!
By August I'll be busy freezing and dehydrating vegetables for this winter through to next August.

I tire of the sameness each day. So I have been bicycling and today I'm meeting a friend. We will bicycle KVR together. I haven't seen her since Good Friday. 

Our thoughts on this political environment are different. She believes the virus is not a big deal. She told me she refuses to wear a mask as it is against her rights as a free person. Yet for her work, she wears a mask.

I feel that bicycling and chatting on the side of a trail in 8,000 acres of wild lands is probably just fine. I'm not going to change her beliefs. She is a kind person and a thoughtful person and that is the person I knew first
We met in CrossFit [yes, that is another hot topic!] and I've genuinely enjoyed her friendship.

I have the opportunity to continue a good friendship so I will. 

After all, look at our situation. For the past 3 years Rich has been pretty much an inactive person. This year he has taken an interest in mowing again. 
His health has not suddenly improved and he is not as depressed as he has been for such a long time. 
Yesterday he even walked down to the garden to do an inspection.

See?
Possibilities!

I have a mission this summer. To get him on one of his mules and take a short ride.

This day is good, so I am going to grab onto it and hold it tight.



Thank goodness for the things that could be.


1 comment:

  1. Some of my friends are the same way so I just don't talk about it with them. That is a great goal for the summer to get Rich riding! I bet he would enjoy it! Hope you had a fun day with your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.