Saturday, June 06, 2020

Morning in the creek


This world of late...

has left me a bit uninspired.

I turn to the easy stuff.
You know, photography and light.

Hiking and working on pastures, yard, and garden.

I always feel a bit left out of something though. As if I am missing.
Missing what?

It could be the length of time we have closed ourselves off to the outside world.

86 days. But who is counting?

Who wants to see/read the news? I want to write how I feel about it and found myself trying to explain this verbally to Rich last night.
That didn't go well. I was watching peaceful protesters from all around the United States.

I understand that there are so many factors that have bubbled up and over-spilled into our society right now that it is a cauldron of simmering emotions, feelings, and indignation. 
I tried to explain it to him.
And I found myself really not very good at it. 

I know I feel unease inside of me. Some of the same horrified unease I had in 1968 when I watched Martin Luther King, protests, riots, calls for peace and not War. I wasn't sure of what to make of it all then except to know that things were very wrong.

And all that wrong-ness has not really changed. It has just simmered under the surface to pop up here and there.

So I take a walk down to the creek. The day is going to be hot. I walk along in partial darkness looking for some light.

I walk with Charlie up and down a small stretch of the creek exploring it through the view finder.
It takes my mind off this troubled world. It is my escape.

And in turn I look for beautiful things.

There are the rocks...

...and Greens

And..
then
the light
begins to appear through 
the
forest...



And then I begin to feel better. 
Refreshed and renewed.

At least for a bit.

I whistle.
Charlie and I head home.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:12 AM

    I love the light streaming through the forest. I always enjoy your walk pictures, especially since it's something I can't do. I am also distancing myself from the news but doing the one thing I can do at this time, which is keep myself and Hubby safe and make masks - I guess that's two things. :) And both things are equally important - staying home keeps more people safe and as we know it can be a challenge too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Farm life has not changed that much for me, but I do miss my friends that would come and hike along with the neighbor kids visiting. Thank goodness I can go walking! You are doing very important work! I'm glad you are still writing too! I finally got to catch up!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! I know how you feel, it is better for us now that the weather is warmer and we can be outside. I facetime with our youngest daughter and that helps. I guess I am not a very social person...but I would like to go inside a thrift shop and the yarn shop! MY Mother is very social person and is going nuts....I think she is sneaking out and not telling us kids. We have 3 months in on June 9...who knew it would last this long...and how long will it last...and will it get worse??
    I recall the unrest of the 60's...it seems worse now...probably because of the talking heads. We didn't have too many back then...Walter Cronkite and thats the way it is.
    I try and stay positive! You too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts are pretty much the same. I would love to go into a thrift store but browsing now ...just feels very odd. My first glimpse of recalls of protests were those in Chicago and seeing police beat people bloody in black and white.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.