Tuesday, June 30, 2020

One day at a time



Humid mornings. 

I caught this while moving the non riding mules from one pasture to another. Tomorrow I'll open the lower gate to the woods and let them get down near the creek where it is cooler...or I may do that this afternoon when I get back from the Nursing Home.

The heat index is supposed to be stifling. In other words. Hot and near 100 degrees.

The mules are doing well though, they have fresh cool water every day. I redo their stock tanks for them. 
The house is staying cool with the fans and A/C. 

I've been exhausted from sitting with MIL. During the Compassionate Visiting, you are not allowed to leave the room, so they bring you refreshments and you have access to a bathroom. 
Because of their ruling for Covid-19, you are confined.

As one nurse quipped:

This is Hotel California
"Relax" said the nightman.
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like
but you can never leave."

The reference was pretty clever and I got it because I loved that Eagles song and recalled that particular phrase.

I was amused.


My question of the day is... 

Wait, what? What is THE reason to NOT wear a mask? It is NOT a statement.
Period.

2 comments:

  1. One day at a time for you and her...yes masks are so important. Be careful ...so scary to be in a healthcare facility now. I am so sorry you have to do this on your own:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich's daughter was there on Sunday for part of the day and she will come again tomorrow.
      This place is extremely careful and has very strict rules so I am doing my best not to worry about it. My biggest fear is bringing Covid-19 in on me somehow to all those at risk people.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.