Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Gardening and Tools



Once upon a time, my husband bought me a fancy little cultivator Echo machine thingy. He said it would be so easy to use between the rows of the garden and even the ad looked fantastic. Wow, just with a piece of machinery, I could keep a perfect garden.

Yep. It worked once and it was hard to control and it rattled and vibrated my hands so they hurt. It was nearly impossible to pull start and it took a mixed fuel combo.
And it was so noisy!
A friend purchased a Hula Hoe for me and I really liked that too for a bit. I still use it along with the standard old fashioned hoe.
But this old fashioned cultivator works so much better.

It is quiet, easy to start up [yeah I'm kidding] and so easy to control. It does a wonderful job. And the only part that would need fixing would be the handle if I broke it.
Sometimes simpler is better.






2 comments:

  1. When we had big gardens I had a tiller also...hard to start bugger:( I have a short handled old hoe I really like...those carrots look awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked carrots okay as a kid, but I really love growing and having my own from the garden for soups and eating! I am trying some multi colored ones for fun this year. Hopefully I get some purple ones? :)

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.