Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Keeping Calm in an Insane World


There I am ... messy hair, morning coffee...and updating a photo program while keeping a journal.
My journal was started for the Master Naturalist Class. It turned into a daily weather/virus and thoughts journal with some observations I didn't want on the internet for others to read.

I've been a bit remiss this week on the journaling. Mostly it is because I am out by 7 AM if the sun is shining. I have mules to check on in the forest pasture and morning Morel Hunts to take with Charlie.

When I get home feeling rather refreshed and very hungry, I sit a bit with Rich and have coffee while I go through our day. He may forget by evening what we talked about, but that's okay. I don't mind telling him over... our mornings give us a chance to feel like our old selves. The pre cancer/stroke/PE issues. And why not?
It is a good way to start the day.


Morel Hunting today in the light rain. I was hoping for a real rain as it is getting awfully dry around here.




We need rain.

I'm finding myself 'snoozing' people on social media for some rather radical 'shares'.
I read the morning news. And I keep tab on the Covid-19 counts. I don't know why I do this, but I am.
I've decided to stay off the internet each evening and limit my hours in the morning. I have so many better things to do.

And as I've had it pointed out to me, I am very lucky.


Indeed I am.

Enough for today.

Next up. Murder Hornets?
Where's the Beef?


4 comments:

  1. Snooze button is brilliant on social media, I'm using it alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Snoozing people is great and I really like the idea of having better things to do. :). Even in the apartment I am always busy, making masks, cleaning arranging and sometimes even resting - although not often. Enjoy your busy and sunny days. I'm wishing you get some rain, lots of rain but with no lightening and only at night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need rain too, it could rain for a week and I would be fine with that, we will have fires if it doesn't rain soon. Those Murder Hornets are real scary. Beef I am going to the butcher shop tomorrow and see what I can get:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.