Friday, May 29, 2020

Humming Bird Fight and other things



I'd love the live action at the feeders while cooking or eating a meal. This year the humming birds and Orioles are arguing over the red feeder.
I purchased a hummingbird feeder and an Oriole feeder last spring just for curiousity.
It ended up being an excellent choice as I find Rich watching and commenting on the birds constantly.

There was a time when the birds didn't interest him. Well now they do and he is enjoying the show.

Charlie and I took a walk to re-hide the toys for the next kid Treasure Hunt. We generally let about 4 days pass. The toys are out in the weather. Rain/dew/sunlight/heat/ and the chill of the night should take care of any lingering virus. Both my household and their household have been isolated since the schools shut down on March 11th. The kids have not gone in to town at all. They are living a life of home schooling and having to play with their own siblings.

The soccer games are not happening so mom isn't on the run all of the time. The kids come down to the little area their dad cleared for them and do play soccer. I can watch from across the field and sit on my porch.
It is pleasant to listen to children playing. Such a welcome sound.

Here Charlie sits next to the clue:


The skull points the way to the next clue. The Zombie Doll!

Yes, we have a creepy looking Zombie doll!


And so it went. Look for the Teddy Bear near an Ash Tree that is losing all of its bark.

There is a blue stegosaurus guarding the big mossy rock!

I hid the rest of the toys and turned around.

What a delightful surprise:



Charlie never smelled the fawn and it was as still as a statue. I used the zoom lens and then backed away and left it alone.
That pretty much made my whole day.

Mother Nature has a way of making a person feel better.

And once more I reminded myself as to how lucky I am to be able to live in this place.

Other hidden toys:

I got an assignment today for my workout. The WOD of the day was deadlifts. A rest and recover day before the Murphy WOD tomorrow. I don't think I will be doing that however I may do it unofficially here at home in a modified version.

My Coach asked me to go around the farm and find items that I could dead lift. He knows I don't have the proper bars so he suggested that I find the odd things a farm person has to contend with lifting and post them.

Here are some:

And how I did it...




And no, I am not crazy really. I just want to stay in shape and maintain my mobility, balance, and stamina.

I want to keep my body moving.
And that helps both my mental well being as well as my physical well being.



1 comment:

  1. What fun that you hide the toys for the neighbor kids. Yes doing stuff helps keep a positive attitude! I like watching the Hummers too:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.