Tuesday, May 26, 2020

A very busy week...


There is Morel Hunting.
It has been a tough year. The south hillsides were so dry that there were nearly none.
My mornings have been starting with Morel Hunting and Charlie hiking.

The best time for me to do CrossFit is around 8AM. Rich is generally still asleep and I am ready to do something other than read the news.

Most of the chores are pretty simple, I rotate the mules and check their water.
[I am hoping to have the 4 wheeler issue resolved before I start riding the trails again. So I am waiting.]

Below is a photo of me doing my Home Virtual CrossFit workout for Friday. I thought it would make an interesting shot. Handy to have a smart phone that puts the little camera on a timer!

Yesterda was a pretty nice cardio workout. My 800 yard run included a very steep hill! No matter, once I get back to the nice flat streets of the gym it will be easy peasy!


Charlie.
Still supervising most things from his perch on the bench. I can work in the veggie garden or flower garden and he always ends back up on the bench just watching over his yard and pasture.



I did get my hike in with Bill last Thursday. I took him to Black Hawk Rock.
I think Bill loved this hike the best so far, I think I can tell by the number of Wows, I kept hearing.

Bill took a photo of me leading him up the trail.


Nice of him to take these with his cell phone.

The garden is just about all set. I even planted acorn squash in one of the winter pens. Seems they like to grow there anyway even with a mule walking around them. Last year I had squash growing from an old soft squash I'd tossed out in the pasture the winter before!

Mother Nature sure is interesting.

My hair. Hmm. Guess it is in the messy stage of growing out and no one is around to look at it besides Rich and I.
Warm weather has hit and it was muggy and foggy the past two mornings when I went out to check on the mules.


Tourism has hit our town and our town is doing its best it can. It needs visitors and tourism to survive. There is a whole 'thing' going on about Social Distancing and Masking. 

Rich's concentrator quit over night and thankfully the company had someone on call who brought one out and swapped it. The fellow came from Iowa. He did NOT wear a mask entering the house. He did have gloves on. I wore a mask and sent Rich out on the porch to stay out of the 'air'. 
Am I being paranoid? 
I opened up the house and let the warm muggy breeze air things out for a bit before I let Rich back in.
Tsk tsk, I said something and the tech said that they don't have to wear masks in Iowa. 

Well.
That is where I am ending this catch up. 

I will email the company and inquire about their use of masks and protocols for visiting patients they supply oxygen supplies to. I mean, really? 
I guess I know that it is inevitable that one day this virus will knock on my door.



Today is full of phone calls and other things to sort out. Rich has an appointment this week for a Nuclear Bone Scan.

I imagine I will be left out in the parking lot for the duration.


6 comments:

  1. Like you, I feel it's only a matter of time before the virus gets to us. Mr T went to the chiropractor today - nobody was wearing masks but he said they did a good job of keeping people apart even though the office was full. We are both 68 but he also has Type 2 Diabetes and takes a lot of medication to manage his related conditions. But he has been in such pain from sciatica and a fall...eh.
    Your Cross-Fit silhouette made me smile as it reminded me of trying to get up off the floor last night after helping hold our Corgi down while Mr T clipped her very long claws. Weird positioning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking fit!! No masks on an O2 worker probably contracted by the VA. Sad. Far Guys O2 driver was here today we set stuff outside for him and he doesn't come in the house.

    I am not leaving the house without lots of crochet work or the kindle after last weeks fiasco and over three hours in the car.

    Glad you had a good hike with your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was from Iowa too and they don't have any state requirements or things in place, yes a VA contractor. I almost gave him a tongue lashing. Won't happen again.

      I'll take my camera and walk around town if it isn't raining...with a mask on of course.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:44 AM

    Beautiful picture of the tree in the mist. Charlie looks so regal as he oversees his kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im in healthcare so that darn virus has been after all of us. Miss the gym and other things too. We just have to adapt and do our best. Beautiful shots-love that landscape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my neighbor's wife is in healthcare also, and it hasn't been easy. I'm lucky to be able to adapt my workouts at home with a good coach to guide me!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.