Sunday, January 06, 2019

Doggone it.

It has been a bit since I felt like sitting down and doing this.
I started a blog a few times and then deleted it as there was always something else that needed doing.

Charlie and I went hunting earlier this week to find some ice caves.

We found them but with the strange weather we've been having, the formations were not exciting at all.



However, I do know where these caves are now and how to get to them should the weather begin to cooperate.
Tonight it is supposed to rain quite a bit. I suppose that is better than a snowstorm.
However, the driveway hill will become ice and well, that could be an issue for getting out and to Rich's next appointment at the VA.


Each day this week I've done a nice long walk or hike with Charlie. He loves and adores the snow.

Yesterday morning we walked out the croplands to watch the sun come up.
Charlie had more interest in deer poop and rabbit poop than the beautiful morning.


Yesterday afternoon was more dog day stuff.
Dixie joined us on a nice long walk.

Charlie was so happy to have his big gal pal to annoy.




We covered a few miles of creek and hillsides and then ended up on the porch to lounge in the sun while I got out the nail trimmers and did both dogs.

We sat in the sun and relaxed for a long time afterwards.



We listened to someone doing some squirrel hunting east of our place. The dogs were curious but decided the porch was a much nicer place to hang out.

I left my jacket on the porch when I went inside with Charlie to get some things ready for supper and chores.

Dixie pulled my jacket down and made a bed in front of the door.


Dixie was the chore helper last night. After she ate she crawled into her doghouse and went to sleep. She and Charlie will assist again this morning.

My life has gone to the dogs.
However they are good company.



And they rarely talk back to me!

5 comments:

  1. It’s a dogs life for sure, I am so glad you have them for support! Snow looks cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 45 degrees so the snow was melting and it wasn't as cold as it looked.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you too Val! Charlie is adorable! If I had somewhere pretty to hike to, I would do that also...nothing exciting out my back door like your place! Ugg with that driveway of yours with snow!!! We had a tiny bit last night...I mean tiny. We need piles of snow, but I don't think it's going to happen :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:55 AM

    I love the picture of Charlie with snow on his nose. What a wonderful adventure for you and the doggies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing Dixie and Charlie together!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.