Saturday, December 22, 2018

Poetry

Mary Oliver 
Excerpt from Leaves and Blossoms Along the Way

All important ideas must include the trees,
the mountains, and the rivers.
.

To understand many things you mus reach out
of your own condition.
.

For how many years did I wander slowly
through the forest. What wonder and
glory would I have missed had I ever been
in a hurry!
.

Beauty can both shout and whisper, and still
it explains nothing.
.

The point is, you're you, and that's for keeps.

And those are some thoughts from Mary Oliver on of my favorite poets to read for today.
Just some art made from some photos to finish things off....






My youngest son made it with his family late last night. It was quite the adventure for the to get here. My son left his wallet in a way side and a State Trooper found it and they got it back with nothing stolen.

It is sure to be an interesting few days....



Enjoy, all is very quiet here this morning.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Beautiful photo's. Glad your family arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I enjoyed your art work! Your son is very lucky the right person found his wallet! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poetry, beautiful art, beautiful blessings for son and family, and for you and Rich.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.