Saturday, September 30, 2017

Upside Down


Well it certainly has been a tumultuous week.  Morris got ill a week ago and on Monday was diagnosed with Kidney Disease. It was an up and down week with moments of sheer sadness and joy.

Joy on the mornings that Morris decided to play after taking his medicine. Sadness during those moments that he stared at me and trembled.
We had two visits with the veterinarian and I discovered that even though I was being pragmatic about Morris and his disease I was having trouble facing it.
Truth is. I don't ever want this funny annoying little dog to ever leave my life. I can't picture it.

On another note. Due to the small drought we've had some trees made a rapid partial change. Colors blossomed last week and then it seemed that after 3 inches of rain...fall was put on hold.


Most of the soy beans are ready for harvest this fall before the corn is. That is backwards.



Mr. Morris perks up after having a 'bad' morning. He literally is full of energy and bouncy.
So we grab a leash and head out with the neighbor to take a long walk to the bus stop.

Allison leaps off the bus and asks if she can hold Morris's leash.
Off the kids run with Morris in tow.


And I am pleased.
A bit later Morris slows down and I carry him. He simply doesn't have the energy to keep up the pace.
But he is happy.

We are finally having some typical fall weather. Warm during the day and cool at night.
The harvesting has begun in earnest on the ridge and we are preparing things for winter.


It seems my life is in an upside down mode right now.
But that is okay.

We need to take just one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. You and Morris will just go with the flow. It's nice that he is so loved.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.