Saturday, July 10, 2010

The heat is on




Well at least it is warmer than we are used to.

Something different is going on!

We are seeing the sunshine. For 2 days in a row!

Of course my crazy schedule has kept me sleeping for most of it ... I worked the first shift and the third shift in the same day.
Crazy, but I volunteered for one of the shifts so I cannot really blame anyone.

I did sleep however, between shifts.

Yesterday afternoon's drive to work was utterly 'delicious'. The clouds were picture perfect and the sky was an incredible blue.


The sunset was brilliant.

No photos though as I was at work.
I stood and watched it over the river ... through a fence.
Not perfect, but still quite gorgeous as the skies lit up with colors of hot pink and purple.

At least I was outside and enjoying the best part of the day.

This morning I arose late and helped around the place by giving all the critters fresh water.
Even our hens seemed happy to have nice cool water.
I know the hounds thought it was wonderful.

On days like this I wonder why I even would want to wear clothes...it would seem much more comfortable to go...well in the 'buff'.
I suppose though that would leave a person wide open to bug bites in places that we would wish they would not be!

Hmmm, with that thought I leave you and head off for another evening of fun [I don't say that sarcastically~~I really enjoy the people I work with].

Perhaps I'll get to recite this poem again tonight:

Star Light Star bright,
The first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Our heatwave broke yesterday afternoon...it's a good thing as I was near my breaking point with the heat!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.