Sunday, July 04, 2010

Anticipation...





I just received a phone call from my 'daughter'.
She and her wonderful brood are headed here...
Which means that the 4th of July...

3rd ANNUAL 4TH OF JULY...ALL MULE...FOLSOM PARADE
will occur again this year.

Yes the weather looks bad for this afternoon ... according to the National Weather Service of Lacrosse.

But, the parade must go on.
Well, unless it is dangerous of course.

I've been looking forward to this day for at least a month.
I've prepared the ribbons for the mules, the beaded necklaces of RED WHITE & BLUE with bells...
Handsome bows to top their cruppers...
Golden reflective ribbons ... tassels for their bridles....

Yet some might question why.
Why would you go through all this for a 'parade' that passes 6 farms in 6 miles...with only one to two mules?

Well.
It could be said that I'm nuts, or ... just like to have fun.
Actually though, the kids at these farms look forward to having the dressed up mules pass their farms [adults also].

We carry candy for the kids, and dog biscuits for the farm dogs.

What more fun could a person have in a rural community?

Stay tuned...I am on my way out to catch up two mules and start the process of decorating...

1 comment:

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.