Friday, September 12, 2008

Job searching




I got an email from my brother this morning asking about my job situation. I sort of felt embarrassed that I hadn't found anything yet. Seems everywhere I looked was a dead end. Of course as I browsed the job 'ads' I did find one that set my heart fluttering.

I spent most of the morning writing a clear concise cover letter. The job was not related to my new degree in Healthcare, but it was right up my alley. Not only that, I'd heard nothing but wonderful things regarding the company.

So as of today I have 5 applications and resumes out 'there' waiting for a reply [this is not counting the other 15 or so that I have put out in the past two months---eeeks!]. I know that I won't support myself on being a photographer, but doing what I love as a hobby that sometimes actually pays is a good thing.

Well let us keep our fingers and toes crossed. I'm really looking forward to getting a job interview.
Although, I must say that I have enjoyed my gardening, making jams, jellies, canning tomatoes and being a home-maker for the past couple of months. But I do yearn for that outside experience...the workplace.

;-)
Plus it pays better than being a home-maker!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.