Tuesday, January 02, 2024

A Word Choice

Just for fun I decided to try that Word Generator for the Word of the Year.

Immerse was the first word that popped up. Epic was the second. Hmm.

I still like....


Explore

But that was my word last year. And I am still Exploring. However, the Nudge word is fun to think about. Did I explore last year? Yes I did, I found so many new wonderful places to see close to home. I explored and found the old abandoned trails at KVR. I explored more in macro photography and of course in toy--story--imaginative photography.

Immerse
or
Epic

Hmmm. I have Epic things happening in my life. Rory, for example! I have new directions happening and interesting discussions for my future life too. [Not going to share any of that at the moment.]

I Immerse myself in play and creating stories. Not novels, just playful imagination. It is a wonderful way to distract from the mundane life of being the Caregiver.

The last word that came up was Devotion. That works too. I am Devoted to taking care of what happens in my little world and those around me.


But all of those words are kind of meh. They don't move me much or even excite me. I decided to look up a list of motivational/inspirational words and read it to see if anything popped out at me.

This word salad works better:


I'll take it.

Surely it is better than:


But there is that word: Mundane
I can sure do Mundane too!


But I think I will stick with the word salad and just be me, creative and mundane at the same time ~~ a sort of exploration in the opposites of what life offers.

I leave you with a mundane but inspirational and beautiful find in the woods:


Life

Is like an old leaf
It has a story to tell
So many aspects

7 comments:

  1. I think I am more of a word salad person too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That word salad was meant for you! I think I am the winner of the mundane award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:21 PM

    You are all about curiosity! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. My word of the year usually comes to me in the last week of the old year.
    The word that stands out for me in your "word salad" is ponder. There is always lots to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:07 PM

    LB......I really like the word salad. All of them are wonderful choices. Variety in life is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knew finding a word was so...."challenging"....it is a word. You seem to thrive on challenge. A person can make most any word workable, or is that wordable. Working a word and making it work for them. Wordable :)

    Only you know what serves you best. Have fun with whatever word/s motor-vate you to be the best Val can be!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.