Saturday, November 02, 2019

Mule solution




Well, we worked out a solution! Sunshine and Mica do very well together.

I put the gals in together and put in some sweet feed for them to have. They did not fight but ate out of their own pans and commenced to eating hay.
In the morning, they both politely let me put on their halters and lead ropes and I was able to take them both at once to the gate and let them go with no fuss.

This is a winner for me since Mica needs company and Fred pushed her around in the stall and is always creating 'old man mule' havoc.
So this is how it will go this winter.
Two mule gal pals sharing the stall in the poor weather.

Next up on my problem list is the old pickup. Seems the brake lines have a leak and there are some serious issues in the back brakes. Only 12 months ago AND 24 months ago I took the truck in to have it inspected and the Dealer I took it to said it was fine.
Well, they must never have gotten under the truck but each visit found at least $1,200 worth of work.

Never again with them. The UPS dude gave me a phone number of a guy who does this kind of work. So now I have to figure out if I want to tow it there and how much exactly would it cost and would it be worth it?

Decisions, decisions.

At least I am set with the mules for now!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:15 AM

    Nice solution for the mules and nice to have that done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roomies!! I suppose it depends on how much you use that pickup to decide if the repairs are worth it...brake lines shouldn't bee to expensive:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.