Wednesday, November 27, 2019

DIY stuff

So I was looking at cool things to do with my copper pot scuttle with handles and I thought it would look neat with nice long sticks and lights! So I looked these sort of home decorations up on the internet and had some mild shocks.

Long tall branches that were prelit were expensive. Not terribly expensive, but I thought they looked neat. So I went on a hike with my terrible machete blade and went to collect some willow branches.

I brought a bunch home and then waited for a nice day and spray painted all but one with white paint.

I ordered some 'fairy' lights that you can actually twist onto the branches.


And I started to put them on the willow branches.


Not very impressive at first.


But with some help it really started to look pretty neat. I added it to the corner with an old box of  'fall' decorations. Of course there is Charlie's crate which isn't part of the decorations, but hey, it is his house too!


And there is my little 'welcome' table that I constantly am changing nearly every single day. I like doing that. Moving things around all of the time. Even my little chickens and geese move into other positions all of the time.

Soon enough, I'll change things over to a different Holiday theme and that will involve parts of the living room as well. I'm not even sure what I am going to do there. But I have some grape vines and odd shaped chunks of wood along with some old dynamite crates and other neat things.

Think of me as a kid with a lego set, except I have little crates, boxes, sticks, vines, and doo dads to play with.
Looks like I'll have some fun experimenting again this year.

Not sure if I am doing the Christmas Chair this year or not. Depends on space. I am leaning in going in a whole new direction.

4 comments:

  1. That is so very pretty. It is so fun to make something from bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:26 PM

    I like the 'fairy lights' that you attached to the branches and the painted branches. Very creative and so attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've already changed up the theme for a more wintery look. Will take photos later!

      Delete
  3. Oh you have had fun playing!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.