Saturday, March 02, 2019

I am an attack dog! by Charlie


So Val thought it was hilarious to put a winter coat on me. Seriously? A coat?
Oh.
And then she added the rest and as you can see, I laid quietly there on the couch and ignored her giggles.
Silly woman.
Silly silly old lady!

We went out to do chores and thankfully she did not try to make me wear the hat or the gloves. Too big.

I supervised the hay sleds and the sweet feed to Mica. I take a nibble just to do a quality assurance test before she gives it to the elderly mule. She says that this spring maybe I can ride with her on Mica.
We shall see, that is a far ways off the ground.

We got to the water pump thingy and she filled up some buckets.

I started to hunt around and pretty soon found a new playmate. It moved very slow and did slimy icky poops and hissed a lot. It wasn't one of Basil's cats it was something big and it had tiny eyes and big white teeth with a bare tail.
So I grabbed the tail and then it pooped and then I let go and then it hissed.

Suddenly Val did a shout and told me NO NO NO!
Oh my dear, I heard the first NO. You don't need to repeat as if I am a dolt with deaf ears!

I looked up at her and then back at my new play mate who had stopped in the yard. It did the poop thing again. It then laid down and was super still.

I sneaked up on it and was going to grab its tail because this was one of the best 'chases' I'd ever had in slow motion. Birds were fast, skunks were fast [yep I got yelled at for that one too], and chipmunks are amazing, squirrels go up trees...but this thing, it was slow and nasty. Much fun-ner.

NO CHARLIE!

Aww come on!

She whisked me into the house and then did something. She told Rich that the possum got away and was probably in the old red shed.

Next morning while we were feeding Dixie, there was my playmate again! It didn't move! Just hunkered into the deep snow and lay still as a ... Val... said still as a possum. And Dixie ignored it. Some hunting dog she is!

Well. My poopy playmate is gone. I don't know where it went but Val went around with a shovel and cleaned the slimy poo off the snow and chucked it somewhere so I won't eat and roll in it.

Instead I went on a walk with Basil and Logan. We walked with our people on the road as the snow was soft on top and very deep.

At least I did not have to wear that embarrassing coat. Basil wears hers because it keeps the sand and slush off her underbelly. Mine wipes clean I guess because I have a different fur coat.

The snow was deep!

We climbed snow mountains with Logan.


And then hurried home before then next snow came.



I hope my slow chase animal comes back. It was too fun and the poop would have been delicious.

Meanwhile, I think I will hold down the couch and dream of big adventures.






2 comments:

  1. I sure love that last image of Charlie sacked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute coat you have Charlie! You are looking quite handsome:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.