Thursday, March 28, 2019

Meanwhile

On the farm...

Who thought I'd be doing this?
Hard enough to find the right tool for the job of taking the ice piks off from the skid steer tracks, especially when you haven't done this before and don't know what size tool you need.

I spent a good 40 minutes sorting through 'his' junk pile of tools to find the right size.
Good.
Job half way done...
Then I went indoors to do this...

another job I am not very well qualified for. I sort of burned the edges.

However I am very good at raking and cleaning up the yard....

I make tiny piles and burn a bit at dusk.

Then back to the Sven Pen to put in a gate and get everything set up for Sven's homecoming....

And then back to the inside of the shed. This pile of windows and screens has been here forever. This is 1/2 of the pile and it resides in the area where Sven is going to have his 'stall'.
I have no idea why my husband has kept all the windows from his folks' old house, our old house, and some other house. I found 3 different styles of windows.
As soon as I can pull the truck up to the shed the windows are making a one way trip to the dump.

This was wire from the old catch pen that was destroyed years ago when trees fell on it. Yesterday I removed all the old bent up pieces by cutting them with a bolt cutter and then raking all the dry grasses and weeds into a dirt area to deal with later.
I've wanted to do this job for a while.

It is back breaking work but I did it.

I have to finish up a few more things in Sven's out door pen too. But it is getting there.

I'm happy I joined CrossFit. Much of this work would have made me sore last year. This year my stamina and my strength are beyond my expectations.

4 comments:

  1. You have a lot on your plate...love to see your determination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are becoming a Jack of all trades! Love it! Best choc. cake receipt on Hersey coco box. Try it, easy and the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People buy those windows around here they make shadow boxes and coffee tables from them:) You are one busy lady...make notes on the tools or wrap a piece of colorful tape on them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may keep one wooden window and offer to keep a second for a crafty thing, but the rest have to go the metal ones are pretty crummy.
      I need to make a tool board and hang these tools up so I can see! Digging through a huge pile is not what I call fun at all.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.