Thursday, February 28, 2019

Just a bit of wandering...

Yesterday I took a break from watching Rich watch Netflix.

I can't take that much TV and it is loud!
I did CrossFit at 8:30 for two mornings in a row and had set everything up for him. Meds, coffee, and whatnot.

After we had lunch, I was going stir crazy so I grabbed the camera bag and set out for a short walk.

The little sandstone wall where the trout like to hang out in the deep pool....



Just beyond the wall. This tiny fall changes daily. Tomorrow it will be frozen over with water running under the ice....



A slightly different view of what I normally take. The trout spot is just in front of me and the icy wall is what is on the left beyond the log.


The cold was ferocious here and a cold wind skimmed over the waters.

I didn't linger long and hadn't brought snow shoes so I could only follow my trail from the other day.

I'm skipping CrossFit today for a muscle rest and going to try and get out to the Reserve to look at Ice formations on the bluffs along the Kickapoo River.

A change of scenery would be helpful.
I'll come back to this spot in the creek after the next arctic blast and snow and see what has changed.

I think I am going to have to find Rich some more programming. He watches TV so intently now that he rarely moves from his spot.

I feel like I am sitting in limbo. Just waiting for something.

Sven got de-budded yesterday and as soon as the weather breaks and he can come here, he will start his leash training.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Rich is so consumed by the TV. Maybe he will get outside when spring comes. Sven will do great on leash...what fun it will be to watch him grow! They can be such characters!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think TV distracts him from boredom? It seems to consume him. He doesn't have to think about anything but what is in front of him.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.