Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Big Snow


While slogging through the snow up to the neighbor's house I took several measurements with a ruler. 7 inches here, 8 inches there, and 10 inches in another spot. I stopped measuring. It was obvious we had a snowfall and there was more to come later on.

I had debated wearing the snowshoes, but taking them off to go in the neighbor's house...well I just didn't feel like taking them off and putting them on over and over.

All the goats were good, the rabbits were fine, ... chickens...good! I shoveled around the coop and the doorway to the goat pens and opened the door a bit for some air.

I heard some rumbling noises and figured it was the town truck up on the ridge. When I got done feeding I was surprised by being able to walk back down the driveway. There was a Good Samaritan who plowed.
Word has gotten around about Rich being ill. Over the years Rich was the guy who jumped on his tractor, skid steer, or ran over with his truck and chainsaw...or whatever else was needed to assist anyone. He'd even fix things just because a good neighbor needed something fixed. As an ex welder, he knew how to do it properly too.


I have clean up to do in front of the shed and next to the horse trailer AND the little turn around. But I put my big girl pants on the other day and fueled up the skid steer and did some pre storm cleaning. I did it super slow and it went well.

Charlie tried his best to play in the snow but got cold in the morning. He has been rummaging around in the big shed. Last night I think he ate something that upset his stomach, this is the second time he has done that. No more chores with Charlie unless I can keep him close for a while. [I think he looks for bird feathers in the shed and then eats them? Ewwwww....]
We'll try some walks on leash [it is coyote mating season] these next few days.

Well there you have it for right now.

I took a long snow shoe hike yesterday during the storm through the valley. It was wonderful.

That Good Samaritan came through again this morning and blew another 5 inches of snow and drifts off the drive.
I am so grateful.


This above is a shot of one of the summer pastures. I just loved the fresh snow...

Have a good day. Time to get my day going.

Photos from my walk coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for nice neighbors! You have enough snow for awhile, sunshine here today:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank goodness. In the future I will have to hire it done. I'm not a fan of spending hours trying to work the skid steer. I don't mind shoveling though, I tend to shovel during storms every few hours to keep one or two paths open.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.