Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Why do you do that?

Black and white photos in the winter versus color?

Well, let's say that black and white just is something winter is great for. Winter is stark in its beauty. Leafless trees, stark shadows, clear skies, overcast skies, white and black.


or...this version...


The color version is beautiful. Look at that gorgeous sky with a wisp of a cloud drifting through. 
The monotone one [I choose a bluish tint just well...just cuz.]

Another friend of mine can't always understand why I love the winter so much. 

Lines.....
I love the lines and shadows the sun and trees create.


I mean just look at those lines! The tree shadows create geometric shapes on the road in the winter.

Here is this road in the summer...


Not quite as striking is it?

Tainter Creek from the west bridge.

Tainter Creek from the west bridge in color....in the summer:
[I used a painting technique on this....]

The red rocks...well I don't do those red rocks ever in black and white. They just don't deserve it!

I love these rocks. I stop and admire them every time I take this road.
See? This is with the new 'Ru.



This is with the old Chevy my son gave me....years ago.

No way I'd ever photograph these rocks and make them black and white...well...



Well...
Um.
Let's see:


Okay, to me that could work as the light colors are accented. But I do like the color version much better.

Last two shots from yesterday. Color and black and white:



Whoops. 
I lied.


And although I loved the colors of the creek and hillside, I thought it was too distracting so ....


When I go through my photos, it is just a matter of what tickles my fancy.

Storm photos of drifts and blowing snow...that was today's adventure.

I can pretty much assure you that those shots will be almost naturally black and white.


Looking back on my blogs...I had this very same arguement with myself before in 2015. Tell me should it be color or black and white?

And it was all with photos from Tainter Land.

1 comment:

  1. I like black and white some days! It has its place as you have shown in some wonderful images.:)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.