Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Itching for Spring!

Every spring is the only spring - a perpetual astonishment.  ~Ellis Peters

Spring seems to have its own agenda this year.  It has come in with wild winds and temperature swings in our area.
Today the folks who are predicting our weather are calling for 65 degrees.  The normal is in the 40's range.

With weather like this I feel an excitement and begin to watch the woods for any signs of new growth.  The trees usually don't begin to sprout leaves until the end of April and are in full swing by mid May.

But I can't help but feel anxious for this process to start.  Each year I am amazed and enthralled by Spring.

Even this morning, although I know I won't find any ferns coming up in the woods, or flowers pushing up through the dead leaves...I will look and hope.

The first Spring weather of the year always gives me joy and hope.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.