Friday, November 13, 2009

Successful Day


My Qualification's Test went wonderfully. I scored very well. A 292 out of 300 points.

I can add 'target' shooting with a Glock .40mm to my list of accomplishments. I also scored 62 out of 72 points with a .12 gauge shot gun at 25 yards.

So now when I go out in the woods and I carry both a .22 pistol and cameras...ha ha!

I
can
shoot!

But life is not about scores and points...at least mine isn't.

Today, I'm looking at the gloomy sky and thinking about this fall..this winter..and all the new adventures just awaiting me around the corner.

;-)

5 comments:

  1. If you are packing a gun, then I'm very glad to hear that you know how to use it! Congrats on the scores. I must say I'm really impressed with the .12gauge at 25 yards even more than the high Glock score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I didn't know that the .12 gauge would be that big of a deal as I'd used rifles most of my life.

    Never a shotgun of any sorts though before.

    I will only carry part time on duty...in the woods I carry a .22 pistol.

    Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Val! Even though I am not used to "regular" people carrying a gun (not legal here in Europe) I agree to MJ's comment. Glad you know how to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a woman you must be. I was in Alaska in August and all hiking trails might have a bear or rutting moose on them. That would be a good reason to carry a gun.


    In Iowa it is only the occasional person that is dangerous.

    Good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually the whole thing is part of a job requirement for my Security job~I guess that wasn't clear.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.