Monday, March 25, 2024

Wonderful Quiet Weekend

I'll never be a Nat Geo photographer, but dang that series is very interesting!

National Geographic Photographer

We've watched 2 episodes and they are just wow! [On Hulu]

Another amazing show is Queens, also by Nat Geo. The music and the wildlife is incredible, not to mention the photography and the fact that they feature almost all females who photographed and produced the series. [On Disney+]


Here is my faint attempt at being a 'wildlife' photographer with the birds the other day.

Purple finches:

Do you see the female behind the male?



Chickadees having some seed with my Lego Birds:



Junco who knocked down my wee little Lego birds!



Goldfinches in a tussle at the feeder!




And for your landscape pleasure...
the heavy band of snow that came through and dropped nearly 4 inches in an hour and a half!



And now it is Monday.



7 comments:

  1. I don't have either Hulu or Disney+. Your photos a re really good as far as I am concerned. I snowed like crazy all day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last episode I watched ... well, the photographer had assistants and a huge lab for his bug and macro photography. It was amazing. I prefer just walking about or simpler methods. Still, it was something to see what he did!

      Delete
  2. Gosh. Snow! Ours has melted. I really like the Lego birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had inches of snow that melted in the rain and fog yesterday only to have rain and snow coming this afternoon!
      Thanks, I really love those Lego birds. I'm going to use them a lot this year.

      Delete
  3. You got snow! We still can see the brown grass with our snow. You have lots of nice bird photos...yes the males get to outshine the females. We have hulu so I will have to check that series out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show is really interesting if you like wild life at all and imagine taking those Geo Nat photos. But the equipment they use is beyond ... wayyy beyond what I'd ever accomplish!

      Delete
  4. I watched the NG trailer. Jaw drop...so much to say...that I will just say it was incredible!! Thanks for sharing. I doubt I'll get Brad to watch it over his shows, but perhaps I can stream so I can live vicariously.

    Love the fun birdeee combo shots!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.