Tuesday, March 05, 2024

There and back....

 




Sunday afternoon I took off for a drive to the other side of the state into the Kenosha area to see and meet Aurora [Rory] for the first time. 

The trip takes me at least 4 hours. But it is always so worth it to walk into Megan and Eddie's welcoming arms.

Of course this time, I got to snuggle a new grand baby! You will just have to imagine the joy and love that glowed through my body as I got to hold Aurora....Rory for the first time.

It was purely magical and breathtaking. We women [and many men for that matter], absolutely melt in the presence of cooing baby. 

I can't post photos until I ask permission from the parents, but there was a few of me holding her and looking like I'd just entered baby wonderland.

My whirlwind ended after lunch on Monday and I drove back home straight through. I was trying to beat the storms that were whipping up on this strange odd March day!

By evening just north of us had hail and sleet which covered the roads in ice when the temps dropped to 33 degrees.

At our house, we had lightening, thunder, and then small hail.

What a crazy two days!

The crocus flowers are in my yard.

These snow drops were in my son's yard.


And...there...

I was there and back....

9 comments:

  1. So wonderful that you were able to get away and make this trip to/fro safely! Babies are such special little humans. Glad you got to snuggle your new grand and enjoyed such a special family trip!!

    Pretty fluers. My bulbs & some perennials have been up for a while, but I have yet to notice any blooms. Nature is always behind here in sand country. I've also noticed many hardy (daff etc) bulbs have fizzled out. They would have thrived in my previous clay living home. Everything is a trade off. Guess I will just have to keep planting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daffies are coming along too. But I have the more clay-heavy soil here. Thank goodness we had some decent rain and hail and sleet last night. Moisture is moisture!
      Now to go pick rocks out of the grass from the plow!
      Have a great day. My mood was lifted so much by Rory cuddles and slobbers!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am so glad you made it home safely!
    My first grandbaby was born in Florida (and I live in Northern Ohio). I was given strict orders that they wanted to bond as a family and I could not visit for several weeks. That changed during labor when she called and asked how quickly we could get there. (3 days - request time off and drove down) We were able to stay 5 days before the drive back. I started crying in the driveway, cried through Florida, Georgia and into Tennessee before I ran out of tears. I did fly down by myself twice and luckily they moved two hours away on his first birthday.
    I remember how precious it is to hold a new grandchild. You never want to let go. What a special day to meet Miss Rory! I'm so glad the meeting happened! So happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am considering moving in the future to be back in the area where they live. It doesn't make sense to be hours away from all the grands.

      Delete
  3. I'm so pleased you got to meet and cuddle her. It's been a very long time since I have been around children, much less babies. I don't and won't have grandchildren, which is ok. I do enjoy reading about my blogging friends little ones, or large as the case may be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you got to meet her in person and get some cuddling time in, I bet she stills smells almost brand new! Congratulations Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:16 PM

    LD...What a great time to see a new grandbaby. I found crocus up im my garden yesterday. Your photos are great and I am so glad you got to make the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious to see and hold your granddaughter! I bet you were all smiles and your heart overflowing. Sadly, I don't have grandchildren, so I have to make do with everyone else's babies!
    You are so far ahead of us for spring weather- this last blast of winter gave us 8 inches of snow along with the deep cold- but we have plus temps coming right up! I am so itching to get planting more flowers and get my veggie garden started. Hope my rosebush made it through that -40 week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that wonderful! We have 4 grandies and they are quite something.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.