Friday, March 22, 2024

I'm not ready to be

nice yet.

After the circus came, I was tired. I was exhausted and woke up with what felt like fire and glass in my throat.
Imagine that? For 3 days my throat raged against me with intense pain. I put on a mask and drank tea to help calm the shards of glass in my throat.

I spent most of the day napping in the upstairs bedroom. I napped and I read. I did chores and made meals but tried to stay away from the other half.

I had no fever, no cough, and only a slightly stuffed up nose. 

By yesterday, I felt un-tired enough to get some groceries and take Charlie to his vet appointment. I was nice at the vet's office. Charlie had some blood drawn and his toenails clipped [I hate that job!]. 
I warned them that he would be vocal about the whole thing.

Oh and he was vocal, he has a yodel-ish voice to express his displeasure when he is removed from the same room I am in. For such a tiny dog, he has a big voice.

The vet brought him me and told me that the whole time they were with him, he was wagging his tail [I think she thought I may have worried about all the noise he made]. 

I laughed and explained that he got like that when I stop and get out of the car to fill it with gas. Usually, it only lasted about two minutes. I imagine it is a separation thing?

Charlie is now considered to be a late middle aged dog who is in great physical shape. Doc told me he was nicely muscled up!

I'm coming out of the Grumpy -- I feel Icky Stage and becoming more human again. Just in time for another group of visitors for this weekend. 
I don't know if they will come tomorrow or not. As usual, we haven't heard a word about their plans.

Me as a Grumpy Person:


Good news also. We've been seeing a lot of bluebirds!


This morning we woke up to the predicted snow fall. We may have gotten about two inches so far so we are happy with the moisture and happy it isn't a blizzard.

I'm going to work more on my being nice. I can't walk around with a fierce Grumpy Face too long. My mom once told me, my face would freeze like that if I did it too long.....


10 comments:

  1. Ah, be grumpy as long as you need it. Forced not grumpy just makes me grumpier! We got about the same amount of snow with more supposedly on the way. I hope so, we also need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could get a smiley face mask and put it on? Wouldn't that be fun??? LOL!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:07 PM

    More company? I sure hope you get back to your normal healthy self. I still have aways to go. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good reason/s to be grumpy and tired. Hosting visitors is exhausting (especially young ones) and so is not feeling well. Glad you are on the mend.

    Our vet clinic changed and takes pets out of the room for every care thing now. I get why, but wish they didn't. It is even more stressful for the pets! Our small animal vet goes against protocol and checks Tank in the room for most everything, by request. It works much better for him. He is a nervous nelly.

    Nice bluebird shot! The birds were busy this morning with the fresh snow. We didn't get much. I was surprised how many school districts closed. Our snow decorated pines sure are pretty today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard that vets are taking the animals to another room and making the owner wait in another room. I understand the need for some pets to be handled differently.
      This vet and the others in town still handle the pet in the room with the owner unless there are exceptional circumstances.

      I hate the thought of things changing. I think Charlie thinks I'm leaving him.

      LOL. I haven't even cleaned house, nor am I going to.

      Delete
  4. My mom said the same thing....
    Glad you are feeling better/less grumpy.
    Nice to get compliments on Charlie from the vet! He definitely likes his exercise with you. Hope the weather allows more hikes for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get out to enjoy the snow and Charlie got to chase a rabbit right into a thorn bush! Ouch! He had a thorn stuck in his forehead.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  5. I hope you feel better every day, what fun to see Bluebirds. We are supposed to have a blizzard Sunday -Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:42 PM

    I have be care taking my wife for a week plus in days. A flu that just doesn't want to improve. Crackers and jelly were the best thing to change the non eating by the patient. Sometimes being grumpy just helps to balance things out for the new days of smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have the flu, but I sure didn't feel very human for a while.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.