Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Sunrises

When Charlie and I went for a morning walk we got to the top of the driveway and looked over into the corn field and saw these deer. They spotted us [we were actually pretty far away] and in a flash, they were gone into the dark woods.



 I wonder if they could hear Charlie's tags jingling or was it the movement from so far away that they detected?


We walked down the dead end road and across the soy bean field which is beyond where the deer were. 


I do like the predawn hour. It can be so colorful. In order to see the horizon, I have to walk 1/2 mile to the ridgetop and field edges to see the sun come up. The sun appears two hours later in our hollow.

Last year's 
Queen Anne's Lace



We wandered around for a bit while I was looking for anything neat to shoot with the sunrise. There was a lone tree that I always like in my photos for the past few years. It appears that the tree died over summer and was knocked over by a tractor or combine.


I thought it would be cool to see the sun come up through the broken little tree.


We waited for the sun and then headed back home. 

What a beautiful day it turned out to be. I didn't take any more photos all day, I was busy with counselors and social workers along with doing a spring hair chop.

I'm a person who loves to get up early, so sunrise walks are my favorite thing to do when it isn't too terribly cold.


What a difference a year makes and strange weather.
Last year I was waiting to get plowed out from a significant snowfall.

11 comments:

  1. I used to be up by 5:00 every morning. Not anymore!I must admit I do miss the sunrise. Very lovely photos. I had a busy day yesterday which is unusual for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all the years I spent working different shifts ... as many as 3 different shifts in one week, has allowed me to wake up fully at any time.
      Now I wake early and love it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your beautiful sunrise photos! I also love shooting and soaking in early morning light. Unfortunately my body is slow to fully wake up, so I don't get out very often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I am a predawn person, I pop up early and am ready to rumble. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous colors in your photos today. I hope you got a chance to breath the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:20 PM

    LD....You had the same reds in the sky that I had. I go out on my deck to get my shots which probably can tell when you see the shots. Usually with bare feet and sleeping clothes. You do live the wilderness and seeing the deer is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sunrise photos1 I too like to get something in the foreground that sets off the sunrise- love your bent and broken tree shot. Sometimes I feel just like that tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that tree can be a metaphor for how we feel sometimes!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.