Monday, March 18, 2024

Just stuff

This is our Mini horse crop out. We purchased him from a friend many years ago. His job while we were still breeding for mules was to tease the mare and get her ready.

He is an expert an not getting wrapped up in the tie out line. I've dubbed him my self propelled mower who also does fertilizing at the same time.

He may as well be out in the yard instead of his winter pen. You'd think after doing nearly 20 years of yard work, he'd pick up the pinecones for me and pile up the sticks.

Lazy pony! He just does his thing.



I took a short walk in the woods on the way to go pick up my mail. I'd ordered a skort to try out this summer. A skort is a skirt with shorts in them. My son's wife wears them and says they are super comfortable. I thought I'd give them a whirl.

I also ordered a new t shirt for myself. I thought the graphic was appropriate for me. The shirt features a compass with the words below it: "All who wander are not lost..." 


~~~~~~~~~~~~

My youngest son and crew made a date to come and visit this weekend. Hmmm. More about that later or not. My eldest son predicted a Circus. He was right but I'd call it a Circus of Drama. It was not beautiful like the Cirque du Soleil but a train wreck of consequences.

It will be a very long time before I decide he and his crew can visit again.

'Nuff said.

We did take a hike and I got to see the wonderful Swans! They were so beautiful. I didn't bring my long long lens because I was herding kids like cats. But I did catch one pretty decent shot of the Swans.


A couple of my younger grand kids enjoyed floating a rubber ducky in a lazy little stream we found.


When the Duckie got stuck, they'd push him along with sticks.



The shot below is a photo of my second oldest grand daughter, Lily. She is carrying her puppy named Oakley in her jacket as he was tired and cold.



The kids enjoyed the hiking and adventures. 


Well. In other news, the weather turned frigid on Sunday and will warm up once again through Tuesday and then we are back to winter with a freezing mixture which is typical for March.


I have a 'date' to go hiking with another 19 yr old tomorrow. She was my neighbor for a few years. I've known her and her siblings and mom since she was 9 years old. I'm looking forward to that.

First I have to take some naps to get back to feeling human again after the circus came.



8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a few rambunctious kids were involved in the circus! Cute pony. :) Have fun on your next hike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are rambunctious and there is obnoxious only one was the obnoxious. But it is over.

      Delete
  2. Oh kids can be a handful when you aren't used to them being around! especially when there are multiple ones.
    That pony is cute, I bet the kids liked him too.
    The geese are finally back in numbers here, and the song birds are trickling back to. We too have a blast of winter coming for the next 2 weeks.... bleah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a pony happily earning his keep.

    I bet it was fun being with the grands at KVR and floating ducks. What a cute pup! He found himself a caring human mom.

    Visitors are exhausting. Especially the over active kind. Keep the good parts & memories close. Enjoy your quieter hike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:55 PM

    LD...Awwww family, love them and when are they going to leave. We just are not use to all of the noise and squables in our group. I am glad you had a visit and I bet the kids really will talk about all the things going on in the hikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:35 AM

    Sweet pony! Sorry your son's visit was the wrong kind of circus! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a cute little dog your Granddaughter has tucked away!! You need summertime company when they can gather outside!
    Company can be tough to deal with, sure makes you appreciate quiet days:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for peace, lady. Families can be a lot. You know my big family. I think we are spending Easter alone :) Sometimes space is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.