Saturday, November 18, 2023

Poetry and art?

I had some sort of epiphany while studying a certain type of photography. I've done macro before. I love macro in every sense because it fits with the world around me.

But I wanted to take it to the next level. 

Maybe Macro is the wrong word because it isn't truly macro macro like itty bitty insects and microscopic items [although I really love tiny tiny things to photograph!]. 

I think 'Artistically' different may be what I want to say or
...try.

even decided to try my hand at creatively writing a blurb -- in the poetic sense to describe what the feeling was when I took the shot.
This whole process uses more thinking skills than I've previously done.

Maybe it is just a phase or a distraction to keep my mind occupied during the 'brown' month of November. It is fun though.


I sway
whispering secrets
untold
with the 
zephyr's sighing song...


The sun golden light
illuminates 
the last fern.
Autumn whispers...


Miss Aurora introduced me to her fascination of grasses a couple of years ago. Since then, I've stopped and looked at grasses and tried to figure out the best way to make them something special when seen through my camera lens.

Catching the sunlight
the grasses sway
in the wind
waiting for
the seasons to
pass


In a sense, that is exactly what grasses do. The have beautiful seed heads that the winds spread over the ground. The seeds wait for spring to arrive and sprout up with new life.

So fall in a sense is just a way for nature and plants to take a break so they can resume their jobs come spring.

These photos were taken while Aurora and I explored the Old Settler's Trail. I enjoy walking with another visual artist that introduces me to new ways of looking at nature's beauty.

And of course, I could not resist taking along our Minifigs to represent us hiking together.


How to take a photo of Minifigures in the wild by Aurora:


...with Charlie's help of course!

Have a safe and wonderful weekend.


9 comments:

  1. Super.
    Nice, yes.
    And I see it too.
    Yes, it takes work to put it into words and pictures. Great job - good luck in the future.
    Thank you and a big hug to you.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Putting words alongside photos is a real challenge, but one I will keep trying as it is new to me.

      Delete
  2. I have some of that grass also. You paint a pretty picture with your words:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that is a wonderful compliment. I'm trying!

      I like poetry, but not the rhyming stuff. The words that are simple but make one think or sit back and wonder.

      Delete
  3. Nicely done and your grass photos are stunning!! I've been writing on/off rhyming poetry (for myself) since I was a kid. Helps my swirling thoughts settle. I wrote a lot the year after my mom passed. Many times while walking our woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you'd share your beautiful words and photos...and drawings! You have so much talent, it should be seen!
      Thank you for the compliment, especially since you have been the inspiration for me. Our walk last fall when ... walking through the grassland...and you started touching the seed heads and explaining why you found the grasses so beautiful...

      That inspired me!

      Delete
    2. You are so kind Val <3 I remember that walk fondly, and should be more open. Forgot to mention what an honor it is that you have a little 'ol me Lego. She is complicated, isn't she?! LOL!!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:36 PM

    Your words along with the photos are beautiful.
    Kaye

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.