Friday, June 09, 2023

The Big Adventure

I generally take some things with me wherever I go. This trip was no different.

I put the small Mickey Mouse Lego Car in my stuff along with a few of my favorite Lego Females.

I imagined a road trip. I imagined some different scenes in my head and let the ideas percolate. 

While I was setting up a shot on my son's boardwalk, Twila came bounding through and jumped over me. I was crouched on the walk with camera in hand. I hit the shutter as she ran by and leaped.

I thought, "Well crap, that shot is ruined now isn't it?" I figured I'd get another chance later on to do another or different shot.

However when going through the photos once more on my laptop, I decided that this shot was a keeper for sure. I imagine a story line something like this...

Driving can be dangerous!
Hobby and the gang decide to take Mickey's car and drive to a Big Lake where they heard there was cooler weather. Cooler weather and lots of water? This they had to see!

They encountered some wildlife. Due to Hobby's excellent driving and evasive maneuvers, all was well...


Mirth asked for a rest stop so she could stretch her legs and inspect the area they were travelling through.


Hobby decided that the huge exotic flowers were a must to add to her album of wild plants. While taking photos, an elfin gal came out of the brush.




Hobby was stunned. The elfin gal introduced herself as Fern. Fern had a sad story of being the only wood elf in these Kenosha woodlands. She was so lonely.

Did Hobby know of any other wood elves?

Hobby said she knew of one other wood elf just like her and maybe she'd like to meet him? However the wood elf was back home hours away.

Fern said she like to meet this wood elf could she meet up with them later the forest that humans called Peoria Park? After a short hike, she could take them to the Big Lake called Michigan.

They meet up at the Big Mushroom in the Park.


Fern takes them for a short hike.

She explains that they are in her forest, people and dogs also like to visit to enjoy nature. The people aren't dangerous and sometimes the dogs just knock her over. But Fern felt quite lonely being the only little person in the whole forest.


Fern takes the gals to see Lake Michigan.

And they are all in awe.


None of the humans even notice all the little people, it seems they were interested in other things like bird watching and a kit flying festival.



Hobby and the gang were fascinated, they'd never seen so many people and the the lake was incredible. So much larger than their creek back at home.

Fern then said that sometimes the human people actually built homes for little people like them.

No Way!

Fern decided to show them one of the homes that had been abandoned by other little people when they left the forest. Human children must have built it and then left it out in the woodlands Fern tells the others.


Hobby asked Fern if she'd like to come and visit their forest and meet Acorn the other wood elf that lived not far from them.

Fern agreed and...

well,

we'll just have to see what happens next.


Ahhhh.

One just cannot have too many Lego People.

:)




4 comments:

  1. I like this story, and the fitting shots! The lake shot is my fav, because you know ~ water ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the water! Water is such a wonderful element in photography.
      Our creek is nearly dry in most spots right now.

      Delete
  2. This is an adorable story! You should do story books. Isn't it something to live in a state with one of the Great Lakes? They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.