Friday, June 02, 2023

Road Trip

 I did it ... I did it!

I asked for help and I got it!
I get to get off the farm and get
some me time for a mini
adventure!

The last time I actually had a 'day' off from being a Caregiver was in July 2021. But hey, who is counting, right?

692 days. But who is counting? 

Charlie and I are going to make this into mini road trip. I plan on stopping at a couple of SNA or State Natural Areas to do some exploring. The last time I was at Paradise Springs, it was April of 2017, just days before Rich's stroke.

Morris and I explored together and took a 'selfie' in the doorway of the Spring house. 👇



I think I want a do over with Charlie. I'm packing a lunch for Charlie and I to have on our drive. In reality, the drive across the state is not that terribly long.

But, I'll make it longer by taking a route for us to stop at a couple of places.

Morris and I used to do road trips often...he just loved riding in a car more than anything else in the world.


I'd often just take him in my old Jeep to a closed back road and let him 'hang out' the window while I idled down the road at about 5 mph. He thought he was king.



Charlie can't hang out the window and I made him a 'car seat' so he could at sort of see where we are going.


I've since added a sheet to the seat of the car as Charlie is often full of dirt and sand on his belly when we get back from hikes. This contraption  ended his motion sickness.

Now when I jingle the keys and ask if he wants to go for a ride, he runs to the passenger side of the Subaru and waits for me.


He is a pretty good travel companion but he whines a LOT more than any other dog I've ever had. He also has to comment each time I use a turn signal. 

Charlie will be meeting my son and his wife's new pup, Twila and the cats. If nothing else, it will be a fun animal fest.

This little trip and weekend is such a great birthday gift from my son and his wife as hosts and my friends who are going to care for hubby in my absence.


To say I am thankful is an understatement.


Later...tators.

I'm unplugging for the weekend!



7 comments:

  1. Way to go, have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:43 PM

    Appreciation..... Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:02 PM

    So glad to hear that you are getting some time to care for yourself. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! Just breath and enjoy! <3 And have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome well-deserved way to celebrate your birthday weekend! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you guys will be heading for a good time. Happy Trails.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.