Thursday, January 21, 2021

Not sure

I had to spend the day inside and had done the 'house chores'. There was rain and sleet and icing going on outside.

I had so many things to do. Like stick around where I could get a call back from the VA. I dusted. How does so much dust accumulate on so few surfaces? It is a mystery. Dog hair. I got that too. Charlie is tiny but he is a mighty shedder. During the winter months we get a short break, I think he is hanging onto that fur coat so he can stay warm while snow swimming.

So I decided to try some Still Life Stuff. Truth be told, some of it was fun to set up but it didn't exactly make me go OHHHH or AHHH!

Eggxactly. 

Tiny Soldiers and Eggs
Totally Boring.


A flat presentation
of my new baby dragon


One interesting note. You don't need much to do a homemade still life.





I eventually said to heck with it. Though my words may have been stronger. Nothing was that interesting. 

I ascended into the Magical Room of Creations. Otherwise really known as the spare bedroom in which I toss crap and leave it laying about. Toys and totes are scattered all over the place. I clean it up once in a while but it is easier just to close the door and forget about it.

See?


I'd watched a video about being bored with outside photography and how to have some fun indoors and experiment with simple things like a desk lamp.

So I set up two crates and a board. I used a plastic tote lid to tape textured paper to and lit it up from behind. 

Glasses with water and 
drops of food coloring


Kind of cool. I had fun with it. Until I got bored. 
Then it became toy time.

Utter Failure of Dragons 
Backlit and out of focus


I had tried using a flashlight to 'creatively' light them up. Nah. Pfft. 

So I put some dinosaurs on the board. I draped the board and the backround with black felt. I took the desk light and laid it on the floor in front of the Dinos. Pretty gnarly!

Dinosaurs


Dragons



Well, that was cool. I like black backrounds. I can then literally create another world with photoshop brushes.


So last but not least, I took one of the 'Fairy' Houses I made last year and some shredded brown paper and did this.


The dragons are quite detailed. And I love their colors. By this time I'd had enough of messing around and left the spare room an absolute mess. I did get the call back from the VA on my cell phone. 

If I'd gone hiking into the creek I wouldn't have gotten a call. The valley is a dead zone.

So, hours wasted? I don't know. Probably not. I think I learned something and can set things up again on the next dreary rainy/sleety/nasty day.

Onwards.



4 comments:

  1. I can tell you were restless...you tried some cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched a video about being bored and indoors and restless. They had some neat ideas. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Love LOVE The Photos! I have always loved Dragons. Also, the soldiers around the egg shell made me smile. Not boring at all! Such a kid at heart.... Here's to never losing that inner child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son left those tiny soldiers here. I adore finding places to use them. Dragons are so cool and the Safari brand dragons are so detailed. When I am done with them, I will find a kid to send them to. Hopefully it will be a long while!
      Thanks.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.