Friday, June 29, 2018

HOT times a comin'


Last night's view from the ridge top. Temperatures and heat indexes are supposed to rise dramatically today. So I already moved all the animals to fresh shady spots with fresh water.

Well the morning started out not so great. The good ol' Truck had a dead battery. Not surprising, I'd been asking to get it in for a tune up and some other work for a while.
Now I have permission to make the appointment...next month.

Relatives. Well there is going to be a lot of that this weekend. Miss Ariel and her dog Angel will spend Sunday and Monday here I guess. Angel will have to be kenneled and take turns with Charlie being tied out to potty. Charlie isn't allowed to rough house or get too excited.
He had surgery on Tuesday and was neutered.

He seems fine now but the vet said the inside needs to heal. So be it. Charlie is under restrictions.

Heat. HOT.
Dangerous heat today. I did get a load of small bales home and I think I'll just park it in the shed and use off from the back of it while the Excessive heat warnings are in effect.

Meeting with a psychiatrist today. He will be doing an independent evaluation of my MIL. The VA called yesterday, Rich will be doing several evaluations in the next few weeks also. His will involve driving, finances, and ADL's. All to establish a baseline to work from.

I knew the next few days would be a bit of a cluster, so last night I drove to the ridge and watched the sun go down.



I should have stayed longer. But felt I needed to be near the house.

This afternoon, I'm thinking of setting up the hammock that the Kenosha Gang gave me.
It may be a perfect day to lay under the trees and read.

And that is...it...

2 comments:

  1. Yes go for the hammock! :) Stay cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting slammed with heat too, and do not have air conditioning. Not my favorite. You sure have a full plate. Fab photos.....

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.