Thursday, March 29, 2018

He is loved

Charlie.

With everything else going on I was surprised that I actually made Charlie's puppy appointment.
Dr. Grimm of Grimm's Tails had been one of the last vets to treat Mr. Morris.
She was curious and examined Charlie from head to toe. He got his shots and was still happy to be with Dr. Grimm.

The doc left the room and said she'd be back.
Soon she reappeared.

"There is only one problem that I can see with Charlie," she said. I held my breath.
She scooped Charlie up and held him.
"...the only problem? He isn't mine!" she quipped. "I really like him!"

The photo isn't great, but you get the idea.


Charlie is doing just fine. He has gained 3 lbs in 5 weeks and enjoys playing in the yard. Here he is playing and enjoying himself. Note the cord behind him. Sometimes Charlie doesn't always want to come when called.

I call him and when he decides to run and play 'catch me if you can', I simply step on the cord.

He is doing fine. He loves playing fetch and laying in the sun or sitting on the porch with me while I read a book.


I am really happy he came into our lives.


And...he is
loved.

3 comments:

  1. All puppies should be loved as much as Charlie:) He is young yet...consistent with the recall will come soon...our trainer said to just say Chance come...once... and then pull on the lead. Puppies have such short attention spans....and distractions sometimes are in the air and grass everywhere!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Charlie came into your lives too, and I am sure Charlie is the happiest of all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could he be any cuter????

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.