Thursday, April 12, 2012

I love dogs!

An update on Thelma & Louise ~~
These gals are smart.
 
Easter Sunday they dug their way out of the kennel while we were gone and must have had a merry time while we were gone!  Hostas chewed on, flower beds dug around, and one of Morris's yard toys chewed to bits.  Ahhhh, but they were lying next to the house asleep when we pulled up.
 
What great pups these gals are!  Escape artists and flower diggers.  Perhaps I can teach them to weed the garden???  :)
 
Smart because they did not wander off or get lost.  Smart because they stayed near the house with 500 acres of forest a stone throw away...where they could have been lost forever.
Their second, third, and fourth day of 'come' and 'here' must have sunk in because they were laying where I usually made them sit and 'loved' them up.
 

Tonight after supper I took them and Morris for a short hike in the woods.  They ran hard and jumped logs...Morris climbed out of their reach and they all 'gallumped' around!  What a great sight.  Two huge hounds following a 12 lb Jack Russell who still leads them on some adventures.
 
To tell you the truth, I haven't been able to get them out for a walk since Sunday. [Insert here ~~~ work schedule!]
 
Everyone needed a breath of fresh forest air and a jaunt in the woods.
Can you picture me running ahead of the small pack of dogs down the deer trail?  I did.  I was grinning ear to ear.

I brought no camera for photos...which freed me up to run and jump with the 'kids'.  One time we all ended up in a tangle on the forest floor.  No matter, there were lots of licks and loving brown eyes, mixed up with human limbs and dog legs.  I think I was laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants.
 
Seriously.  If you are going to live and love, have dogs to make you laugh.  Have dogs to make you run and jump like a child and...feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.