Friday, October 20, 2023

Pretty and Fleeting ...

I thought we were not going to have much in the way of Fall Colors this year. In September the trees were turning and the undergrowth in the forest was dying off due to our drought. We've been getting rain since then and it seems the trees made a recovery and are now on schedule with bright and beautiful colors.

I think they are just showing off after such a tough year.


I like to take my photos of the leaves from under the trees in full sunlight. I use the sun to light up the leaves and make them glow with color. This past week I was limited in the morning by pet chores so I didn't get my usual morning shots. 

But this is what I did find and I am satisfied with it.









I like standing in the shadows of the trees and finding spots of light. I guess this has just how I liked to see things this year.




Apparently, according to the Leaf Color chart, our area is at 95%. I'd call it a full peak of color right now.

Of course I hope to get out this weekend and enjoy some of those colors in one of our county parks or perhaps a state park.



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! They say we are past peak here but after some rain and a freeze some golden colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty. I especially like photo number 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that one you liked is getting some attention on the Flickr site -- a site where folks share photos.

      Delete
  3. You found a lot of Fall's glory to behold. Great star burst photo, love them! Pockets of light are very special, especially to those that slow down enough to appreciate them. They always stop me in my tracks, and provoke thought.

    We have a few Maples in full color, but our oaks are still turning. The red oak color is very deep this year! You've inspired me :) Maybe I can get my hubby to make a pitstop while running errands, and take a short color soaking hike. It could happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent about an hour or so just walking, stopping, looking, and then stopping again because of those patches of light on the leaves. I hope to get out this weekend and look around some more!

      At least the oak leaves stick around to add to the landscape when the other leaves are gone.

      Delete
  4. You did pick up some great colors. The natural colors are so great. I tried to take a photo of a tree and I had the sun shining on the wrong side. I will go out in the morning and try again. We had brown leaves last year.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.