Thursday, October 05, 2023

Meanwhile

Twila went home and I think Charlie was either bummed out or just very tired. He took his spot on the couch and napped most of Sunday and Monday. I think it was a little of both. 

He does like other canines and enjoys the company. He also likes his laziness.

By Monday evening he returned to his normal self and enjoyed being the ruler of the house again. Such is a dog's life.

Honeysuckle
[invasive but pretty]


Suddenly, it is October and I am wondering where the year went and what the rest of the year will bring. 

This fall hasn't affected me like other years for some reason. I have always felt anxious and strange when the days got shorter and the trees started to turn. Maybe it is because of the unusual heat we've had these first days of October.

The cosmos I planted are loving it though. They are producing like crazy. I'm gathering seeds from all the varieties. The plants did produce flowers as early as late June, but now they are tall and well....

intense!


These are from two different spots in our yard. The third area I have with cosmos is out further with the morning glories that are also producing like mad.


I'm washing up the siding and getting things ready for the cold weather that we will eventually get. It could be as soon as this weekend when we get our first frost.

For now? I'm going to enjoy the weather and the rest of October. 















3 comments:

  1. You are so right. I love fall, but it flies by doesn't it. I bet Charlie was tired after entertaining his company. I just loved the letters from Twila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chance did the same thing when Miney and Little Elvis left...there was not much time for napping with company ! Your flowers are so pretty, the coolness of Fall brings out some great color:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never grown cosmos but you have inspired me. Yes winter is fun at first and then it lasts forever. Charlie is a cutie, king of the house.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.