Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Stuck inside...and Oh Deer!

Well sort of. When the VA sends out a certain medication, I have to be available for the delivery as Tom the UPS guy has to hand it to a live human being and it needs a signature.

The meds come once a month and it is always handled overnight. So after the order is confirmed, I have to be present until the package shows. 

It was clean up day anyway. Time to take Charlie's dog crate and put it upstairs. He is not like Morris at all. Morris loved the crate and would go in it any time he wanted to be alone and often at night. Charlie doesn't believe in crates. He will go in it if we have company [which we don't] or if we are gone all day for an appointment [hasn't happened in months!]. 
Charlie was quite upset that I moved the crate. However he is quite happy with being King Of The Couch!

I picked the torn and tattered blind that Daryl left in the woods from last bow and gun season. He didn't take it down and when it snowed, rained, and iced like mad last winter...the top of the blind collapsed. The fiberglass rods that held the roof up shattered in the cold. In short. The blind was destroyed. I waited for him to come and claim it, then Covid came and well... I was tired of seeing it laying in my woods. It now resides in the neighbor's dumpster.

The older one that was no longer used was in the back of the shed. I set that up so I could go in the mornings and have coffee and watch the pasture from inside the little blind. A few years ago I had been able to grab a photo of deer leaping the fence.




Photos from November 2018: Shooting Deer.

I moved stock tanks, cleaned gutters, and hooked up the heater for the stock tank. Next was the game of pick up sticks and toss them in the yellow cart so I could take it to the brush pile.

I cleaned out Lil' Richard's stall so he can go inside tonight. He is the only one who doesn't mind being in the shed. I fear the old pony is getting deaf. He never heard me come by him with the 4 wheeler and the rattling cart today.

It is supposed to start raining tonight and all through tomorrow. Sigh. Cold and rain.
I don't like that combination for the critters. 
I also went back and checked the trail cam for some neat shots of bucks who are getting quite active right now.

Below, a few of the visitors around the farm.






So now I'm still waiting for a delivery and wondering if he'll be late this evening or will it be tomorrow?

Well, I've done a fair bit of work and now I'm going to experiment with some Still Life Photography.

Pancakes for supper.

I'm diggin' it.

PS~ No deer hunting on our land this year. Well, other than with a camera that is.



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:28 PM

    Waiting on someone is never fun but you did great making use of the time. :) Nice picture of the wolf from the game camera. They sure do a good job of blending in. Stay safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a coyote but without knowing, it sure looks wolf-ish to me. I just know by the size of the landscape around it.
      Coyotes rarely bother humans. It is Charlie I have to be aware of all of the time.
      You stay safe and well! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. That is a nice rack on that buck! Sounds like you kept busy while waiting on the meds. It has sure turned cool/cold here... stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard there is record snowfall all over north of us!
      It is so overcast and dreary again today. However the cold/snow/rain ick is still coming.
      At least all things are in place for the critters and the gutters are clean! Whoot!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.