Monday, September 17, 2018

Finding Chance...The Amazing Rescue.

He was spotted when the Kenosha gang and I walked through the creek with the dogs.

Four pairs of eyes can sometimes be so much better than just one set.

Suddenly I heard a shout.

"Found HIM!"

I turned around and there he was. He hadn't been swept that far down stream, perhaps nearly a quarter of a mile, but there he was tangled in roots and debris.


He was snugged in tight between some roots.


As you can see, just one portion of him remained white. He was put in a backpack and we headed further downstream to where the chair was embedded in the dirt under a huge log.

That chair it was decided quickly, would have to wait until another flood let it loose. We continued the walk using sticks to poke around at other debris piles.
No Creepy Doll.
Well, I didn't feel a loss as she wasn't cute like the bears.
We made it to the snow mobile crossing which was now an open pit of water.


I wanted to come back and take a shot of this wide open place where the flood waters must have swirled in circles cutting a wide pond into this space before moving on.
[Method used, 3 exposures...no filters. I'm sort of enjoying that method and still experimenting]

We hiked back towards 'the beach'.

The Teddy Bear Reunion was something to behold.


Percy hugged him tight and I thought I heard a whisper.

"I'm so glad you are back Chance. That sure was a rough ride..."

Maybe it was the wind, maybe it was the water flowing softly over the rocks. Maybe I imagined it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.